Sunday, February 13, 2011

First Week of Cosmetology School!!!

Hey guys!
This week, I started cosmetology school. (Just so you know, cosmo school focuses mostly on hair, not make-up.) It's been pretty fun so far. I got the first chunk of my kit, which included an awesome BaByliss hair dryer and straightener.
Classmates Colleen and Cache model our cosmetology tools hahahahaha

BIG bag to lug around. Bleh.

Hair clips galore!

Fancy hair dryer heehee

(I also got an EXCEPTIONALLY SEXY uniform. Yum.)
This past week, we learned how to properly shampoo hair. Exciting, I know. Actually, though, it was pretty fun. We all got to blow-dry and style each other's hair when we were done, and our teacher let us do whatever style we wanted.


We also did LOTS of theory (boo), including professional development (aka "You better show up to work on time. And take a shower first, too"), tricology (hair science haha), and CHEMISTRY... I hate Chemistry. *sigh*
Anyway, on Friday, I got to do my first hair cut!!!! Granted, it was on a mannican, but it was still super exciting- to me ahahah. Yay! Anyway, I'm going to continue to take lots of pictures... I'm sure my fellow students will love me for it. (... not. LOL. Oh wells.)
Disturbing sea of mannican heads lol

Me creepily taking pictures of classmates hahaha

My first cut!!!

My mannican has a mohawk... I only cut the bottom, I swear hahaha

Proof!

So, what do you guys think? Looks like fun, right? Since I have, in fact, started school, I figured I'd mention one more thing... If you ever want to see a particular blog post, or want to know a certain skill, see how I did a certain make-up look, etc., you can always comment on my posts or email me (faebaby18@gmail.com) to let me know! I tend to post for requests immediately, since it gives me focus haha, and being as busy as I am, that is SUPER HELPFUL. Thanks guys :)
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I miss pivot point. I'm doing Milday's cosmetology now,but I liked Pivot Point Cosmetology better. I'm thinking about switching back.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!!!