Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hair guru-dom

We're only two days into the second week of cosmetology school, and I feel like I've already learned so much! Yesterday, I learned the techniques for the three basic curls: 6, 8, and barrel curls. Today, I learned three more forms of hair cuts! I'll be a stylist before you know it.
Before: curly hair
After! I straightened it by blowing it out with a hair dryer.


6 curls


Diagonal graduated cut


Graduated cut

I took an under shot so you could see the layers better




Layered hair!
You know, before I started cosmetology school, I was actually really, really nervous. Living in my apartment means that I have to work my butt off in order to go to school full time and still pay all my bills. But, I can honestly say that I don't regret the decision I made at all. I LOVE cosmetology school. Even theory, which can be boring, is still about things that I'm interested in. Everything I do in school everyday makes me happy, because it's all about beauty, hair, and fashion. I've never enjoyed working on anything the way I love doing this day in and day out. It's gratifying, really, because I finally feel like I found my niche.
Speaking of niches, even in cosmetology, people have specialties. At first, we were doing mostly blow-outs, which was a little discouraging at first, because I.... suck at blow outs. LOL. I mean, they look acceptable, but a lot of the girls in class are amazing at it, and I am not one of them. However, I seem to have picked up cutting hair pretty easily. For every cut we've done, so far, the teacher complimented my cut when she came over to check it. I'm pretty happy about it. I'm glad to be good at something. I was worried it would take awhile for me to pick up on things, but I seem to be a pretty fast learner.
Anyway, if there's ever a picture that I post that'd you'd like a tutorial on, just ask, and I'll make one!! That way, you can learn all about hair vicariously through me, without paying $15,000 to go to school for it, hahahaha... (Of course, you won't qualify for a license to become a professional through me, but for personal use, that's pretty perfect.)
I hope you guys enjoy! Wish me luck!

Love always,
Andrei

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!!!